Saturday, February 23, 2008

Powerspace Makes Me Want to Kick 11 Year Olds and Cuss People Out

Powerspace fucking sucks.
Like, they were one of my favorite bands EVER, and I left after ONE song.

BAD THINGS:
- My heels hurt like fuck from standing on them/tapping my foot for two hours.
- I wasted $15 on a ticket to see them, and $30 for my friends' [who didn't go] tickets.
- The girl I spit on jumped ON my feet about six times.
- I scuffed my awesome shoes [the converse with like seven signatures].
- This REALLY hairy guy stood in front of me, and I couldn't see anything for like ten minutes.
- I learned that Powerspace is a band full of fucking losers [for example: they spent like five minutes talking about leaving on the same street as the bands they were touring with, the same block as Kanye West, and having barbecues with them all].
- Simply listening to Powerspace made me want to 1. kick the girl in front of me really hard and 2. cry.
- I smell like cigarette smoke.
- People TOUCHED me.
- I tried to take pictures during the first song [they sucked, but I thought that maybe they'd get better and that I should just take pictures while I waited for them to NOT suck], and the fucking 11 year olds in front of me were all "LET'S HOLD OUR CAMERAS ON OUR HEADS AND TAKE PICTURES EVEN THOUGH WE'RE AT THE VERY FRONT!!!"
- I haven't been this mad at people in a really long time.
- I wasted $30 on a hoodie that I'll probably never wear, because Powerspace FUCKING SUCKS.
- Tom WHATEVER dyed his hair BLOND.
- Whenever a band came on, the 11 year olds would scream for the lead singer or the one they thought was "hott" and NONE of the other guys. It's a BAND, losers. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC.
- My tummy hurt and I honestly thought I was going to vomit about four times.
- While I was waiting for Powerspace to come on, I chewed on my water bottle until my mouth tasted like blood.
- The fucking 11 year olds constantly took pictures of each other and BLINDED THE HELL OUT OF ME.
- I wasted 2 hours and 45 minutes of my LIFE.
- I honestly just want to punch Alec CWHATEVERYOURNAMESUCKS in the face.
- I have one less poster on my wall.
- I'm SWEATY.

GOOD THINGS:
- Their merch guy/tour manager was nice, and he was wearing a This Providence T-shirt.
- The hoodie I spent 30 fucking dollars on is cool looking.
- I was introduced to/saw Fairview.
- I got to yell at a girl that hit a woman with a water bottle. ["HEY BITCH, YOU HIT A LADY. I MEAN, LIKE, AN ADULT. NOT COOL. NOT COOL."]
- I got to spit on a girl that was friends with the girl that hit the lady with a water bottle.
- I took two pictures of the REALLY hairy guy, and he moved.
- I got to growl at a guy because he took my spot.

Now that I've deleted Powerspace from my iTunes, my favorite bands section on Facebook, my favorite bands section on YouTube, my favorite bands section on absolutepunk, thrown my phone at the wall, thrown the fucking $30 hoodie at the hangers in my closet, and torn up my ticket and my wristband, I'm contemplating selling The Kicks of Passion back to Brent.

Hopefully he'll take such a sucky CD back.

I doubt it. It's just too filled with SUCK.

17 comments:

John said...

So you hate the band just because you went to one bad concert? Or saw one show with some bratty kids and didn't like ONE song?

what the hell is wrong with you?

Me said...

Yet you neglected to delete them off the very list that sits next to the blog of how you loathe Powerspace? There were 11 year olds and you got touched?? The atrocity! Have you never been to a show before. All of them are like that. I had never listened to Powerspace a day in my life until I saw them in March. They blew me away, so nobody really cares that you are disappointed or you now hate them because everyone else knows how talented they are.

katepotter said...

Aaaaand they're still on your list of music on your blog page.
Oh, the irony.

Unknown said...

get some friends you sorry excuse for a human being. serioulsy. either that or cease to exist as soon as possible. powerspace are AWESOME. you are NOT.

Tom Milewski said...

Have you ever been to a show before?

I don't listen to Powerspace but most of the complaints you made had nothing to do with the actual band.

Yes, like you, I hate what most crowds have become these day, maybe it's because I'm getting older (22) or that the 'MTV' crowd is trying to get their share but the way you approached your post makes you no better than any of the other so-called '11 year olds'.

One last thing... You left after one song. I'm sorry if you have become jaded by the fact that bands with the ability to do stadium tours always sound perfect but that is due to the fact that they have the money, resources, and notoriety to do so. Smaller bands, such as Powerspace don't always have the ability to do a proper sound-check and as a result the first song usually becomes just that, a sound-check.

Tom Milewski said...

Congrats, your 10 seconds of fame:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=35471600&blogID=384194068&Mytoken=19B4134F-789F-4B66-90B4880DC37BC43C68520965

Tom Milewski said...

And here too:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=313962

oicu said...

You don't even know how stupid you sound, grow up a little and get a life, If you spend your time on the internet bashing bands because of a bunch of 11 year olds or whatever, you clearly don't have anything better to do.

hope you enjoyed your spotlight over this shit.

oicu said...

Oh and I find it interesting that you liked the album before you were 'touched'

bigcityxdreams said...

You're an idiot.

Gregory Moore said...

FOR FANS OF POWERSPACE

www.myspace.com/dapartygrind
www.myspace.com/dapartygrind
www.myspace.com/dapartygrind
www.myspace.com/dapartygrind
www.myspace.com/dapartygrind

www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx
www.myspace.com/xlifexruinerx

Anonymous said...

FAIL.

ainslee said...

Well, I left out the fact that I'd gone to the concert almost directly from a funeral for two of my very best friends' father. He killed himself a few days before, and my parents made me go to the concert anyway because I'd already bought the tickets, so that's pretty much why I was pissed.

And it wasn't so much their music as it was the crowd and the random Kanye West crap. But, y'know, whatever.

I didn't claim to be grown up or awesome. xD But thanks for assuming I was...?

Puddles said...

Um...For anyone who wants to leave negative comments. Yeah. Continue reading. I don't think you understand that this is a blog. A web log. Sort of like a public diary. Is AKMAC attempting to dissuade people from enjoying Powerspace? No. Is she trying to appeal to her blogfans for pity? No. She wrote this because she was angry and frustrated and needed to vent. I'm wording this simply because I realize, from the lack of intelligence your comments are comprised of, that none of you know what a blog is for. Again, a blog is somewhat like a diary. One is perfectly free to rant in one's diary. Wrap your minds around that. Have you absorbed anything? I hope so. :) Oh, and Powerspace? If you read the comments on this, please note: I used to like you. But now I'm angry. I'm furious, actually. How dare you treat an unhappy fan with such pointless disdain, and cruelty even, simply because she didn't like your concert? All you did was prove that you're immature and worse than anything she said about you, because you published your comments on her blog on a page where you knew people would read about what happened, while she posted hers on a place not many people visited. Congrats, Powerspace. No doubt, you'll illuminate your grubby "fans" with the striking poetry of another immature rebuttal when your mothers read you this comment.

Unknown said...

XD wow, you're... Pathetic. Don't you have anything better to do with your life than whine? You do also realize that this ill-thought blog of hatred and spew has basically made you the enemy of pretty much the entire internet, right?
God, you're a fucking moron.

ainslee said...

Eh, but a good portion of the internet sucks anyway! xD

"Don't you have anything better to do with your life than whine?" The answer to that, my friend, is nope! Besides, I like multitasking, so I whine while doing other things. Quite fun. =)

Connor said...

heh.
stupid bitch.
powerspace fuckin pwnd you.